The Bone Route Driver operates a Fat and Bone collection vehicle in order to provide removal of raw material from multiple customer locations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Collects and inspects raw material at time of pick up for any foreign or hazardous material at customer location.
- Provides customer with receipt of pick up which contains weight of product and signature of management at location.
- Responsible for company vehicle; maintains vehicle in cleanest possible manner; operates vehicle in accordance with Company, federal, state and local regulations.
- May be required to maintain a DOT log book.
- Maintains excellent customer relations by providing quality, professional service at all times.
- Follows all Company safety procedures and guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Prior route experience preferred.
- Experience with truck hydraulics a plus.
- Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
- Highly organized; superior time management skills.
- Valid Class A CDL with clean driving record.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 80 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out at a plant location, customer locations, and company vehicle.