We are seeking a passionate and creative individual to join our team as a Surface Designer. This person will develop fresh surface art to support the launch of new products in the home/lifestyle industry. The Surface Designer understands consumer and retailer needs and uses that information to create products that will be successful in the marketplace, and will be responsible for design trend research, new product concepting, design execution and refinement, and preparation of art for reproduction on a variety of products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the design of in-house projects from inception to production.
- Produces unique surface designs based on trend and concepts for home and tabletop products.
- Manipulates licensed art to create new and unique designs to be used on products for the TABLEAU brand.
- Handles the concepting and mock-up of design ideas and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and artistic design concepts.
- Participates in brainstorms to develop innovative, brand right product that supports creative strategies and meets retailer and consumer needs.
- Understands and supports corporate pricing strategies by designing innovative product with appropriate attributes and perceived value that align with specified price and cost targets.
- Keeps a finger on the pulse of what is happening in the world of design by researching of market and design trends, product innovation, vendors, and other departmental topics.
- Keeps up to date with trends in graphic design techniques and software.
- Participates in additional special projects as needed as well as all other duties assigned by direct Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effectively and efficiently uses Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign software programs to create production ready files for Manufacturing.
- Understands color management standards and digitally manipulate artwork for desired look and to ensure colors are optimized for reproduction processes.
- Builds digital files to meet TABLEAU manufacturing standards.
- Maintains an ongoing thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and finishing applications with overseas suppliers.
- Makes various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolves any artwork issues that arise during production. This includes providing image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to producing high quality design products.
- Proactive communication and collaboration with the creative team and other stakeholders to plan, conceptualize, create, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Work as part of the creative team to develop and maintain effective and consistent graphics that support brand strategy.
- Versatile, flexible team player with the ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from other team members and colleagues with an open mind.
- Provides strong conceptual/aesthetic direction, either through written or verbal communication, to team members and outside resources.
- Proactively prioritizes assignments with little or no supervision, coordinating deadlines with manager and team members, manufacturing, sourcing, and freelance studios.
- Consistently meets all project and task deadlines as assigned by Creative Director.
- Be flexible and adapt to changes in the work environment in ways that helps other members keep projects on course.
- Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Effectively use the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must maintain a score of Y on the GWC rating scale
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities at this time.