The closing date of accepting applications is October 29, 2021. We will be conducting first round interviews within two weeks after the closing date of this posiiton. It may take several weeks to get through the first round of interviews. We appreciate your patience.
This position is responsible for the operational tasks within the Product Development Department of TABLEAU to ensure the process continues to move successfully from inception, development, and execution, and ultimately allow for a successful and efficient product launch. This person will report directly to the VP of Creative for TABLEAU, along with collaborating inter-departmentally within the Marketing and Operations departments of Convivial Brands. This person must be detail and solutions oriented, and able to communicate effectively both internally and externally with a sense of urgency. Through their support and work, they will enable the VP of Creative – TABLEAU to focus on exciting new product and meet on-time deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor an organized system for sample requests, follow up and vendor quotes.
- Request, track, and follow up on sample requests and revisions based on deadlines set.
- Responsible for all packets going out and incoming samples. Will notify and confirm with vendors when things are sent and when product/samples come in.
- Populate product development information into the Cost Document to be handed over to Operations as per our necessary deadlines.
- Approve final “keep” samples – label and hand over to Quality Control.
- Approve and follow-up on all retail packaging counter samples to ensure that vendor is clear on what is needed and that approvals are sent to vendors prior to production.
- Order, track, and work with vendors to request and approve photography samples.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to ensure correct samples are pulled and packed for showrooms and photo shoots.
- Prep and assist as needed for Photo Shoots.
- Monitor and order supplies needed for product development.
- Coordinate with Art Houses/Art Director regarding licensed art to ensure all licensing. information is current and correct for contracts.
- Keep sample areas and shelves neat and organized.
Product Development Coordination:
- Execute best practices to optimize product development processes.
- Coordinate with management in the executing of critical decisions based on proper product development.
- Coordinate overall product development activities with Operations and Marketing teams.
- Aid in the research and development projects for new product development for organization.
- Collaborate in the effort to ensure that products enter the market successfully.
Communication with Suppliers/Vendors:
- Track development with suppliers/vendors and update team as needed.
- Coordinate with Marketing to have necessary product samples ready and available for photo shoots.
- Create a system for product approval and communicate with suppliers/vendors as necessary to keep product production moving and fluid.
Project Flow and Consistency:
- Maintain consistency and accuracy of information flow between development and the suppliers.
- Streamline product development efforts.
- Provide accurate status updates to management on a consistent basis.
- Ensure accurate information is updated and current within Cost Document at all times.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must maintain a score of Y on the GWC rating scale.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly lead, supervise, and develop creative design staff, and creative projects.