Come join us at Darling Ingredients www.darlingii.com/ -- we repurpose & reuse rather than discarding what others might consider as waste. We capture valuable ingredients and nutrients to help maximize what nature has to offer, providing components for a wide range of products, including pet food, fertilizer and biofuel.
Please check out our story to find out more about all we do at Darling Ingredients!
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the timely and efficient flow of raw materials into high-quality finished products; also ensures that equipment and buildings are maintained and in good repair. This position requires consistent communication to our employees and plant manager. The normal working hours will be from 10:30pm-7:00am and weekend coverage rotation as directed by the Plant Manager.
Duties/Responsibilities include: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Maintain efficient and timely flow of all raw materials received and finished products shipped.
- Oversee all aspects of maintenance and preventative maintenance of all equipment and buildings used to process raw and finished materials.
- Effectively manage all instances of breakdowns and needed repairs.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in all areas of responsibility.
- Assist in conducting investigation of accidents that occur within jurisdiction and makes recommendations to Plant Safety Committee.
- Responsible for achieving individual and department targets, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for observing all Company safety rules and regulations, recognize safety as top Company priority and conduct/participate regularly scheduled safety meetings with plant staff.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Require 1-2 years of prior experience in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Technical school certificate or Associates Degree preferred.
- Labor relations background and experience with leadership & training.
- Good understanding of production maintenance and repair protocols.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 100lbs.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors, and high heat and/or cold temperatures.