RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. Renk America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community.
The RENK America CAD Design Department is responsible for the creation of 3D models and drawings of components for engines, transmissions, and turret drive systems for various military markets U.S. and Internationally. The primary job function of the CAD designer is to support design engineers through design and project engineering capabilities through the creation and modification of 3D models using PTC CREO.
- Develop/support transmission, engine, and power pack control systems design concepts
- Develop mechanical/electromechanical/pneumatic control systems designs.
- Prepare new designs consistent with planned analysis tools
- Support engine, transmission and power pack control system components procurement, assembly / test, and production
- Assist with development of design/performance specifications for internal departments and suppliers
- Support engine, transmission, power pack and propulsion system related proposals (internal and external RFQ’s)
- Assist with writing statements of work for propulsion related tasks (internal departments and suppliers)
- Integrate engine, transmission, power pack and subsystems (controls and electrical) into military vehicles.
- Recommend, plan and implement component or system product improvements
- Coordinate design models and development programs with functional departments and integrated product teams (Quality, Logistics, Manufacturing, Customer).
- Present design models and supporting analyses to RENK America and customer representatives, and close-out questions on the design.
- Must have an associate’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience
- Must be proficient in electro-mechanical design with the following tools: Creo 4.0, PTC PRO IntraLink/Windchill 12.0
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work well with suppliers, customers, and Government representatives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A strong working knowledge of GD&T
- Must be willing to travel (domestic suppliers and vendors)
- Previously held security clearance preferred. Ability to get security clearance required
- Must be able to move freely, with or without accommodation, throughout the manufacturing environment.
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.