$1000 sign on bonus after 6 months of employment and another $1000 after 1 year. 40 hrs vacation after 90 days!
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
The Shipping Clerk assures timely shipment of finished goods to our customers with the highest level of customer service in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include ensuring all product meets customer packaging, label, and invoicing specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following:
- Monitoring the Delivery Forecast Report to insure customer orders are processed and delivered on-time.
- Work with Shipping Lead and Production Supervisors to meet customer demand in a timely and efficient manner. Communicates and works with Warehouse and Production personnel to expedite product.
- Responsible for procuring outbound transportation (truckload and LTL) to ensure on time delivery to customers both domestic and internationally
- Utilize third-party logistic system to secure transportation from approved providers at agreed upon rates
- Communicate directly with Customers and/or Customer logistics systems
- Verify product dimensions and weights
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of Packing Lists, Invoices and BOLs
- Carries out special shipping instructions as specified by customer service, including expedited shipping
- Furnish Customer Service with order status information as requested
- Participate in resolving freight claims and freight-related customer complaints
- Maintain and file shipping-related records in an orderly fashion
- Emphasize quality and safety in all aspects of the role. Participate in plant safety training and activities in pursuit of Zero Incidents
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Other duties as they develop and are assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2+ years prior experience in transportation planning and freight management in a manufacturing setting
- Capable of problem solving to reduce errors, improve quality and delivery
- Strong organizational skills
- Competency using Excel or other Microsoft tools
- Self-starter and work efficiently under minimal supervision
- Excellent attendance, above average computer skills, and experience with ERP systems.
- Basic math proficiency and the ability to read and write legibly
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment related to safety, quality, cost and delivery of parts, processes and product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and judge distance and height.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer