**Seeking Evening/Overnight Support (2nd/3rd Shift). Will consider four 10-hour days or five 8-hour days schedule.**
This position is responsible for all types of Quality Assurance inspection, testing, and process auditing to ensure all products received or produced conforms to specifications, standards, and customer requirements.
- Plans and completes inspections and testing assignments of products/components while coordinating with overall Quality Assurance team schedules, availability of test equipment, and available facilities to meet Production Department schedules.
- Performs all types of inspection and testing to ensure only materials meeting established specifications are accepted and processed into Operation's supply chain.
- Develops and performs specialized tests as requested by Quality, Production, or Engineering personnel.
- Initiates and completes nonconforming material 'hold' tag process within Quality Management System. Determines scope of issue, isolates product, to the best of their ability, and verifies product has been transferred to the Quality Hold area as part of hold tag issuance.
- Documents product / component tests on formalized reports and distributes with Quality Engineers knowledge to persons requesting the information.
- Supports the Quality Management System (QMS) through participation in the Internal Audit program, layered process audits, preventative action communications, and corrective action processes.
- Monitors housekeeping of Quality Assurance Lab and associated sample / test areas.
- Notifies the Quality Engineer(s) and the Quality Director immediately of any problems or non-conformance issues which adversely affect product Quality.
- Operates, schedules, and maintains the Quality Assurance Lab equipment to support Production and other department requirements.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings for inspecting and measuring of product components, associated tooling, fixtures, and finished goods.
- Assembles samples and/or components on measuring table for gathering of measurements.
- Exhibits and promotes safe work practices.
- Is knowledgeable of ISO requirements that relate to this job description.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to two years experience in 'receiving inspection' or 'quality testing' environment.
- One to two years of work experience with computers; AutoCAD drafting experience recommended, yet not required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience or training in ISO 9001 and internal auditing environment.
- Ability to learn statistical and capability methods to review supplier and internal information.
- Ability to perform geometric tolerance measuring and dimensioning tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate systematic problem solving skills.
- Ability to differentiate between 'symptoms of non-conformance' and 'root cause' of non-conformance.
- Ability to review data to identify trends, draw conclusions, and implement change.
- Certified Internal Auditor training recommended, yet not required.