Studio C, parent company of Celebration Cinema, Listening Room, One Twenty Three Tavern and developer of Studio Park in Grand Rapids, MI, is looking for an Events Assistant General Manager at Studio Park to help us create event spaces where story happens. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position that requires open availability, including days, nights and weekends.
The ideal candidate truly understands what makes events memorable and is committed to our core values of empathy, courage, trust and playfulness. ?In this role, you will manage and produce Studio C programming events in the Studio Park Piazza, the outdoor green space located at the center of Studio Park, as well as other spaces around Studio Park, including Listening Room.
If you have a passion for planning events, creating positive, memorable experiences, enjoy being in the center of the action and surrounded by great music, FREE movies and delicious food, this may be your calling. Apply today to explore this opportunity!
- Responsible for the co-development and production of signature programming events and series at Studio Park that lead to increased engagement, attendance, revenue, brand awareness and loyalty.?
- Develop and manage systems to support programming events?
- Work with Listening Room, Studio Park and Group Events Coordinators on execution of private rentals of Studio Park spaces
- Build and oversee budgets for sustainable internal events
- Work with city departments to ensure compliance with ordinances and coordinate services
- Work with internal teams on creative, design, marketing and PR
- Manage event staff and team members on-site with clear roles and responsibilities and adjust hours of work appropriately
- Source third-party vendors and talent, when needed, for event activations
- Plan and participate in weekly Studio C event meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in event management and/or production preferred
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate others
- Create and foster positive relationship with internal and external clients
- Strong organization, attention to detail and excellent communication skills?
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required?
- Exhibit a strong understanding of industry and cultural trends
- Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, STD, 401k
- Paid Time Off
- FREE Movies!
- Concession Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Volunteer Time