We love what we do! At Aspen Surgical we live our values of Respect ,Transparency, Speed, Empowerment, and Fun every day. Our dedication to these values helps us build exceptional products that drive the industry standard to create a real and lasting impact on people’s lives all around the world. We strive to be the best, providing innovative tools, resources, and support needed to set our team members up for success. Do you want to be appreciated for your hard work? Be a member of a dynamic, fast-growing organization? View your job as a joy rather than a burden? Then we have a position for you!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare 2-year forecast by selling unit, and evaluate forecast results for accuracy improvement opportunities for input into the strategic forecasting along with duties as listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned
Analytics and demand planning
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare 2-year forecast by selling unit, and evaluate forecast results for accuracy improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with Supply Planning and Engineering
- Provide timely feedback to company management regarding challenges or customer concerns
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and finance to understand marketing programs, new product introductions, pricing changes, promotions, and events to meet customer demand
- Track monthly forecast error to identify contributing factors, providing necessary input to aid in decision making related to target inventory levels.
- Continuous improvement to forecasting process to minimize forecast error
- Share best practices amongst planners
- Contribute to and support data management efforts that enable how data will be used for business reporting and analytics and how external data will supplement internally generated information.
- Own data acquisition and management to align to and drive the data strategy forward.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure prompt and timely reporting to senior leadership.
- Provide high quality and timely analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals, and other investments.
- Support cross-functional cooperation and building strong working relationships across business unit/operating teams.
- Continuously improve reporting and tracking mechanisms (tools and processes) to support effective, accurate data analysis.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned based on business demands
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Demonstrated understanding of business data, key performance indicators, and information analytics
- Results orientated; convey a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Ability to positively lead and adapt to change and operate in a dynamic organization.
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a matrixed cross-cultural and cross-functional environment.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, word, excel and Outlook
- Certification in APICS a plus