The Department of Chemistry at Michigan State University invites applications for a position of Research Associate (post-doctoral researcher) in the Professor Kenneth Merz laboratory. This role includes conducting chemistry research projects in the Merz group including but not limited to:
- development of QM/MM codes for the simulation of chemical reactivity
- develop potentials to study coordination chemistry of transition metals to proteins
- development of QM based workflows to characterized small molecule metabolites
Doctorate -Computational chemistry or Computational
Applicants must have a PhD in chemistry with graduate or postdoctoral experience in computational chemistry biology or an allied field in computational sciences.
The candidate should have:
- Strong knowledge in computer programming in fortran and C++ and a background in chemistry and biology
- Prior experience in CUDA programming is desirable
- Ability to work with undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and email addresses of three references
Review of applications will begin on May 29, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.