The Operations Manager provides leadership for our Grand Rapids facility, and had direct supervision of Production, Planning, Quality, Engineering and Materials/Logistics for the facility. The Operations Manager is directly responsible for executing all manufacturing processes with emphasis on enhancing operational excellence while reducing costs and improving customer service levels and on time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Production, Planning, Quality, Engineering and Materials/Logistics for the Grand Rapids facility.
- Develop a strong and effective Operations team. Provide positive and objective coaching/mentorship of team members.
- Implement an optimal organizational structure to grow and support the business.
- Focus on results; coordinate and drive the Mesa facility to achieve monthly revenue budget.
- Deliver on targets for key performance metrics, including quality, productivity, cost and delivery.
- Ensure compliance to all standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate and drive for superior customer service (on-time delivery and responsiveness).
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement through the application of lean manufacturing, Six-Sigma, 5s and other appropriate tools and techniques.
- Plan for and recommend necessary resources to ensure success, including capital equipment, trained employees, appropriate facilities, effective infrastructure and materials.
- Promote environmental, health and safety philosophies and processes that reduce workplace injuries.
- Emphasize and reinforce ABT Core Value, EHS/Quality policies and Safety procedures.
- Minimum 5 years' leadership experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for growing a customer-focused business
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Engineering or other related field required or 15+ Years of Experience in Manufacturing
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with the ability to manage, teach, train and motivate others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth industry; willing to be hands-on and take initiative
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office Suite
- Solid communication skills
- Strong orientation towards customer focus and teamwork
- Minimal travel required