United Bank of Michigan is seeking a Mortgage Underwriter to Review and analyze processed loan files, reviewing forms and appraisal records, along with administering the loan processing system that supports the mortgage documentation function.
As a full-time employee of United Bank, you would join an outstanding, supportive culture of employees. You would also gain several attractive benefits, including the following:
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days;
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance;
- Long and short-term disability;
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match;
- Education reimbursement;
- Wellness opportunities;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Pay for performance;
- Promote from within philosophy;
- Bank products and services;
- Veteran friendly employer.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Mortgage Underwriter at our Corporate Headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. United Bank is searching for driven individuals who are focused on teamwork and finding real solutions for our Mortgage customers.
The Mortgage Underwriter position is a fundamental position at United Bank. Mortgage Underwriters are responsible for underwriting all mortgage loans prior to closing. As an underwriter, you will review and analyze processed loan files, reviewing forms and appraisal records, along with administering the loan processing system that supports the mortgage documentation function. You are responsible for compliance to criteria established by secondary markets, internet support and documentation, and supporting the department as tasks are assigned. You are responsible for areas of compliance as it relates to this position and may undertake special projects as assigned.
This position requires:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school;
- 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training;
- Computer competencies and the ability to analyze tax returns;
- Proficiency with automated underwriting criteria, mortgage applications and systems;
- Ability to research and independently reach decisions;
- Regular sitting, occasional standing and walking;
- Utilizing hands & arms;
- Ability to talk & hear;
- Required to have clear vision at 20 inches or less;
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Corporate Office - Grand Rapids, MI
Full Time Regular
$47,000.00 - $53,000.00 Salary/year
No Travel Required