Responsible for replenishment of assigned vendors through designated Distribution Centers. Monitors shipments and inventory while communicating with distribution centers and suppliers. Generates purchase orders to optimize DC service levels, days of supply, aged inventory, and branch in-stock. Demonstrates the company's core values of respect, honesty, and integrity.
- Manages and directs portions of the regional replenishment deck, including items with low too high in volume, demand volatility, SKU count, and/or supply chain complexity.
- Orders and tracks product from demand creation to receipt.
- Validates PO costs and contracts to ensure correct billing as required.
- Tracks rebate programs and shipping agreements for assigned vendors.
- Uses sales trends and market indicators to stock the proper suppliers' products in Supply Net.
- Replenishes any new items based on reset schedules.
- Manages the flow of product related to item adjustments and discontinued items.
- Creates resolutions for deadstock and slow-moving inventory.
- Collaborates with vendors to discuss major upcoming promotions and new items.
- Communicates with warehouse managers, receivers, and accounting regarding supplier issues.
- Drives accuracy and efficiency of the ordering process, the completeness of shipments, and on-time deliveries with suppliers.
- Establishes and conducts frequent line item reviews for all products related to assigned suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business or a related field is desired.
- 3-5 years' experience in replenishment buying within a multi-million-dollar inventory network, operations, supply chain, merchandising, or similar retail experience preferred, however, will consider recent college graduate without experience as entry-level.
- Strong MS skills JDE & Oracle experience a big plus.
- Strong communication, leadership, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Must have the capability to analyze and provide feedback to the inventory budget, understanding turn, stock-to-sales, and other commonly used replenishment metrics.