The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for managing expediting activities to ensure the timely delivery of materials to meet project requirements. The position directly supports the Project Buyers by effectively communicating and collaborating material status and resolution plans with Purchasing, Project Management and Production. The Purchasing position has a dual focus to support supplier performance via dashboard management and effective supplier communications and long term success by identifying potential new suppliers to support project needs.
What We Expect of You?
- Track and manage the material needs to support projects
- Review Open Order report daily and collaborate with Project Buyers to mitigate any risks
- Follow up with suppliers on late deliveries, purchase orders not confirmed and at risk PO's due in the next week
- Manage effective communications of material status in a consistent manner to the project teams
- Manage the supplier performance dashboard including material savings, on-time delivery and quality
- Support the timely and accurate completion of supplier audit documentation and new supplier set-up
- Assess material cost pressures, investigate new suppliers and actively support buyers to analyze new quotes and cost competitiveness
- Communicate with suppliers in a respectful and honest manner to ensure long term strong relationships
4+ years' experience in Purchasing or Materials Management, Bachelors degree preferred
- Experienced working in an ERP computerized system, preferably SAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in excel - running and creating functions, pivot tables, and charts
- Basic manufacturing resource planning (MRP) system
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- People person
What you can expect from us
- An inviting, family-like atmosphere
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- Outstanding company benefits
- Comprehensive onboarding and training program
- A rewarding, forward-thinking company culture with excellent company benefits -
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins - Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.