Engineering Project Manager
Are you an effective leader in an engineering-driven company looking for a change? A successful and talented engineer wanting more? Or already in project management and have grown tired of working in the same industry, same project, over and over again? Are you longing for excitement, variety, challenge and well….fun at work?
You’re not alone. At DornerWorks, we want that too. And we want you to join us as an Engineering Project Manager. At DornerWorks, we look for people who are innovative, passionate, and forward thinking. People who want to join forces and help turn our customers’ ideas into reality through technology innovation.
Continuously growing in the embedded engineering space, DornerWorks offers a chance to lead teams developing class leading products for industry leading companies. With a company size of over 80 engineers and a diverse client base, we have been working on active projects for years. DornerWorks provides stability while maintaining a small company culture with a start-up feel. If your passion is project management in all phases of embedded engineering projects, then this is the position for you!
What you will be doing:
- Plan, lead and drive to completion product development projects across engineering disciplines.
- Facilitate and participate in the process to assess the likely cost, duration, and complexity of a project and anticipate the equipment, materials, personnel, time, and resources needs that will be required.
- Interface with customers, managing expectations and ensuring customer satisfaction with timelines and budgets.
- Identify hurdles or constraints and work with the Group Manager to promote successful, on time project completion.
- For assigned projects, monitor progress of project tasks against defined project schedule and budget.
- In collaboration with the Group Manager, manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and schedule project timelines and milestones for assigned project with assigned team.
- Communicate regularly with the Group Manager, ensuring all matters related to a project’s status are accurately and appropriately disseminated to the customer, project team members, subcontractors, partners, vendors, and management.
What we need from you:
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE degree or related degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in leading embedded systems engineering projects in the entire product development cycle. Ability to manage projects in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Willingness to dig deep and understand problems and solutions.
- Experience with interfacing, communicating, and coordinating with customers.
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to positively influence others and develop effective internal and external working relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues on multiple projects.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate creative solutions to project roadblocks with project team.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
What we also like to see:
- Experience with generation of Statement of Work, work breakdown structures, project estimation, and proposal development.
- Experience with metric based tracking (earned value).
- PMP Certification is preferred, but not required.
What we offer you:
- We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy both at work and in your personal life.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- A healthy work/life balance that is not just a catchy phrase; it is one of our core values.
- Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours.
- A collaborative team where you can work with other outstanding technical minds.
Learn more about DornerWorks and our culture from our website at www.DornerWorks.com.
Learn more about the great city of Grand Rapids and the natural splendor of West Michigan at: https://hellowestmichigan.com/our-communities/grand-rapids/
DornerWorks believes a diverse workplace yields better ideas and outcomes and we are committed to promoting diversity of experience, perspectives, and capabilities. Each individual makes a unique contribution to our company. We recognize that diversity is critical to our success. DornerWorks proudly supports a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions. Employees can thrive here, and know their individual skills, abilities and viewpoints are honored.
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that they are either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324 (b)(a)(3).