MACHINE OPERATOR DUTIES:
The Capper Operator is responsible for the operation of the briner/filler and the jar capping machine. The qualified employee will monitor machine performance including the low vacuum dud detector. The employee will also be responsible for starting, clearing misfeeds, and restarting the machine.
This is an hourly union position paid at $15.71/hour. Benefits eligible including 11 paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, 401k (50% match up to 6% maximum) and Flexible Spending (Health/Childcare).
- Identify and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance issues to minimize production delays
- Complete quality statistical process control verifications as they relate to sorting
- Ability to learn and recognize cap sizes, crushed lugs, and cocked caps
- Complete routine quality checks and documentation in accordance with standard work
- This position works in conjunction with Production Team Leaders and Crewleaders to achieve line goals in quality, efficiency, and labor
- Read and interpret documents, including but not limited to, safety rules, operating instructions, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Accurately and legibly complete written documentation
- Adapt to changing demands and able to recognize and establish priorities
- Must be dependable, self-motivated and maintain an acceptable attendance record
- Overtime as scheduled
- Ensure machine and surrounding area is kept neat and sanitary.
- Ability to train, direct and lead employees as needed.
- Compliance with plant safety and quality procedures
- Physical demands include standing, lifting, walking and climbing (stairs/ladders)
- Willingness to work daily and weekend overtime primarily during peak demand (July-October)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Organized and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.