You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Human Resources Consultant at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Human Resources Consultant, you'll initiate and implement a full spectrum of Human Resource (HR) services directly to assigned client groups. You will provide consultation while acting in a lead capacity to individual managers, client groups, or employees in areas including: pay administration, talent management, performance management, leadership and employee development, talent acquisition, organizational change, and employee relations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Act and think independently as a highly knowledgeable HR professional that approaches management and employee issues as a fully accountable business partner.
- Act as a consultant and business partner to client groups, managers, and employees by understanding their unique needs and business objectives and providing advice and counsel on HR programs and practices in support of those objectives.
- Coordinate and deliver learning and development activities as required to build competence and workplace performance.
- Evaluate and diagnose HR-related issues that impact the effectiveness of the client group. You will identify and implement creative solutions for specific organizational issues that affect the client group.
- Partner closely with the rest of the HR Team to support cross-group initiatives and manage/lead special HR project initiatives.
- Provide counsel and guidance to management on complex employee relations issues, independently conduct investigations, and ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to HR Consultants, Herman Miller managers, and employees.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or another closely related field, or at least 10 years of work experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Seven years of progressive responsibility in a professional HR Generalist role, with at least two years in a leadership capacity, as well as a proven track record of positive interaction and established credibility with senior level management.
- Demonstrated expertise in HR communications, change and performance management, organizational design, talent development, talent acquisition and retention, compensation, employee/labor relations, and the HR-related statutory and regulatory environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze complex situations and related data to determine appropriate actions.
- The ability to act as a highly effective negotiator with strong persuasion abilities and customer service skills, while exhibiting an approachable work style. You'll also need the ability to work exceptionally well with and respect individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent diplomacy and judgment when handling routine as well as emotionally charged situations.
- The ability to manage complex projects successfully through the application of strong managerial and business skills.
- A demonstrated ability to coach, mentor others, and support professional client groups.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.