Warehouse Assistant – Coopersville, MI
Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins' workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new member of the Warehouse team will be a hands-on, physical worker. They will excel in a company that provides award-winning customer service through holding employees to a high level of performance and accountability. In this position you will assist in keeping the warehouse maintained and pulling appliances that are ready to be delivered and installed in customer homes.
- Inventory transfer and control
- Shipping and receiving product; using scan gun to transfer product; keep warehouse and work stations clean and organized
- Accurately using inventory management system and procedures
- Communicate effectively internally
- Safely multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- Being aware of what needs to be done at all times
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Ability to operate a fork-lift
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Good driving record and current driver’s license
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn a lot of new things quickly
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Time off for major holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Employee discount
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.