Position: Patient Access Specialist
Reports To: Patient Access Manager
Position Location/Department: Registration
Job Summary: The Patient Access Specialist is a vital part of the hospital; they are the “first impression” of the health system. This person will greet patients by phone or in person with kindness and respect; by scheduling appropriately they will optimize both patient satisfaction and provider time. Great customer service is a MUST for this position. This candidate will be trained on all shifts and in two locations of the hospital where patient access is located. Must have full understanding of HIPAA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answering multi line phones and registering patients
• Treat all patients and associates with respect, dignity, and provide professional service to them in a timely, polite and considerate manner.
• Distribute forms and paperwork to patients and then check them over to ensure that required fields are completed appropriately.
• Register new patients and update necessary records.
• Maintain confidentiality of all patient records.
• Verify insurances and collect payments
• Performs other related duties as assigned.