Communities: Bailey's Grove and Station Creek
Schedule: Full Time / Monday-Friday
The Team Members of UMRC & Porter Hills provide a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program, Uniform Allowance (for specific frontline Team Member positions), Discounted Team Member dining options on-site, annual increase, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
The primary purpose of this position is to perform interior and exterior work involved in the repair, general maintenance, housekeeping, and remodeling of buildings and rooms in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our community, and as may be directed by the Affordable Community Manager or Director of Community Operations, to assure that the communities are maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
*Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
• Performs interior and exterior work involved in the repair, general maintenance, housekeeping and remodeling of buildings and rooms.
• Completes cleaning tasks, inspection, and final walk through of turned-over and renovated rooms to ensure they are clean and completely ready for move-ins.
• As needed, may maintain outdoor appearance by cutting lawns, applying mulch/bark/rock, raking, planting and trimming.
• Manages schedule and priorities to ensure work is performed timely.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Community Manager as needed.
• Performs duties while upholding high safety standards.
• Establishes and maintains a preventive maintenance program.
• Establishes and maintains an accurate inventory tag system for all equipment, furniture and other community owned property.
• Initiates bids following corporate practices to ensure best cost and quality of contractual services.
• Tracks all supplies and expenses related to the care of the building and grounds.
• Performs maintenance and grounds repairs as necessary. This may include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, painting, etc. in accordance with established procedures.
• Makes periodic rounds to check equipment and to assure that necessary equipment is available and working properly.
• Daily, performs housekeeping tasks to ensure building and common areas are sanitary and tidy. Tasks will include vacuuming, washing windows, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, and other related tasks as needed.
• Provides education to staff and residents on MSDS and ensures that building is in compliance with requirements.
• Participates in inspections by authorized government agencies (health department and HUD physical inspections).
• Required to attend mandatory events, including educational seminars and Fair Housing Compliance meetings.
• Required to participate in On-call rotation to handle any emergencies that might arise after-hours.
Skills and Knowledge
· Knowledge of various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as well as building codes and safety regulations.
· Ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices.
· Plan and carry out programs in repair, new construction, and equipment installation.
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
• Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have, as a minimum, 5 years experience in a maintenance/plant related position
• UMRC & Porter Hills are a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Participant Rights.
• UMRC & Porter Hills provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.