Porter Hills Corporate
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
The Team Members of UMRC & Porter Hills provide a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program, Uniform Allowance (for specific frontline Team Member positions), Discounted Team Member dining options on-site, annual increase, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
The primary purpose of the Lead Maintenance and Renovations Technician position is to work with updating electrical components, outlets, lighting fixtures installation in accordance with current local standards. Finish carpentry of trim and moldings, plumbing fixtures, drywall, painting to our established guidelines, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful renovations standards are maintained within our needed timelines is maintained at all times. Working with other team members of skilled trades to maintain, continuously improve, troubleshoot, and support the renovation process. Ensure conformity to all quality, safety, health, and environmental requirements.
- Receive and follow schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established renovations process etc., as necessary/directed.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, renovation progress punchlist, etc., as directed, in accordance with established procedures.
- Replace lighting fixtures or replacement of burned out light bulbs, to include, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., and perform cleaning duties wherever necessary.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
- Perform repairs or replacements of all the plumbing an electrical systems, trim, moldings, floor finishes, drywall, painting, demolition of cabinetry, flooring, drywall and construction material.
- Assure that Maintenance and Renovation Technician are fully and effectively trained and work in compliance with regulatory requirements, safety, environmental, and Company policies.
- Works with contractors and vendors to keep track of performance requirements including quality, safety, and environmental.
- The Team Member will help create a work environment that embraces change by providing the leadership needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
- Understand preventive, predictive, and conditions-based-maintenance methodology and can execute.
- Understand the importance of Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks, execute in a timely manner, and own improvements to the PM system.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with older adults, personnel, and support organizations
- Ability to design and implement appropriate and meaningful programming
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience at UMRC & Porter Hills or advanced technician training in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and finish carpentry, with previous health care facility service, is recommended.
- UMRC & Porter Hills are a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Participant Rights.
- UMRC & Porter Hills provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.