FULL TIME BENEFITED
A VNA Support Associate is an independent worker with the ability to be a self starter who is responsible to perform delegated duties accurately. Works cooperatively to maintain adequate work flow and meet required deadlines. This person must have excellent data entry and organizational skills. The Support Associate demonstrates excellent customer service. He/She upholds the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant, and commits to Keeping our Promise of Caring.
* Contributes to organization success targets for net operating margin.
* Models Covenant's Mission, Vision and Values of keeping our Promise of Caring and Commitment to Service.
* Has social contact with patients, primarily adult.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service.
* Contributes to organization success targets for patient satisfaction and net operating margin.
* Accurately maintains and communicates schedules to clinicians. All follow through is completed on items which affect quality patient care.
* Accurate data entry of patient registration, visits and supplies.
* Accurately processes discharges.
* Assists clinicians with documentation, patient calls, and ordering of patient/office supplies.
* Uses critical thinking skills to decide how to process the patient registration, other patient data elements and phone calls. Be able to independently schedule patients while maximizing clinician productivity.
* Accurately verifies charges for billing.
* Covers the reception area as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School graduate or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one year of experience in related activities required.
* Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
* Capable of handling a multi-line phone system with minimal supervision.
* Working knowledge of home care and/or hospice reimbursement and regulations preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated organizational skills.
* Able to type 50 wpm.
* Sound judgment in handling confidential or sensitive issues and material.
* Ability to use critical thinking to solve issues or proceed with assigned tasks.
* Project a positive and energetic image.
* Ability to initiate and develop new processes as change warrants.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Constant twisting, reaching, handling, finger dexterity, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision, field of vision.
Frequent standing, walking, sitting.
Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting.
Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.