Ventura Manufacturing, a West Michigan-based global manufacturer operating in various industries, is seeking someone with plant controller level accounting capabilities. Ventura's values arise from the desire to achieve our unique purpose. We aspire to build a culture where we find dignity and value through our work and steward our talents and resources to improve lives in the communities we serve. If our culture appeals to you, and your capabilities match the expected outcomes listed below, we would love to talk to you about joining our team. Learn more about us at www.venturamfg.com
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a key player on our team, you will be responsible for a timely and accurate month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process for our Zeeland location including a subsidiary organization. This will include ensuring accuracy and timeliness of our month-end closing process, as well as identification and reduction of inefficient and non-value-added activities during the closing process to achieve targeted objectives. The role also includes assisting our local teams to understand the reconciliation and documentation requirements of our balance sheet accounts for year-end audit procedures. This role will also include assisting in the establishment and maintenance of our standard costing system. In this role, you will have accountability for the final "scorecards" (monthly financial statements) used by the Zeeland business units. You will work with the businesses to validate significant variances and help support our local team members with each business process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team of individuals, accountable to the overall performance of the team.
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles understands P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple impacting terms.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to systems already in place while looking for improvements to existing systems, standards and procedures and the drive to lead or participate in new system creation and/or maintenance.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate advice and information gathering all the while calculating, communicating and managing the level of risk associated the decision.
- Ability to operate across a broad range of work environments, across cultures and leadership styles.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Lead the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process for the Zeeland entity, including a subsidiary organization, to ensure financial statement accuracy and timeliness through continuous improvement efforts.
- Manage the documentation responsibilities for supporting the balance sheet accounts on a regularly scheduled cadence, to enable proper and timely support of the financials at year-end and at other external reporting intervals.
- Maintain the fixed asset system, including customer paid tooling, and provide for proper adjustments and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as ad hoc reporting requests, as needed.
- Manage inventory movements within our system by posting necessary entries (PIT) and handling any inventory related issues that arise, while also continually looking for opportunities to improve our processes within the inventory lifecycle.
- Manage the cash reconciliation process and reduce the amount of time this process takes for completion.
- Manage the process and approvals for establishing new vendors and customers in the system.
- Drive reporting and analytical improvements to aid in collection of past due AR.
- Coordinate accounting guidelines projects, through direct and delegated activities, focused on understanding and documenting current state, adherence to GAAP, and identification of any process improvements needed.