The manufacturing engineer will have these primary functions:
- Manufacturing problem support for the production floor.
- Engineering resource for the production floor.
- Investigate, specify, and manage manufacturing equipment procurement projects.
- Project manage manufacturing projects.
Because of the wide range of responsibilities in the manufacturing engineering department, specific responsibilities may vary for each individual engineer.
- Ensure Trans-Matic stays world class with the latest technology in areas including tooling materials, tool coatings, the use and application of coolants, sensors, and manufacturing equipment by attending seminars, classes, internet research, D.O.E. analysis, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the cost for manufacturing including, tooling, coolants, equipment, etc. and develop action plans for cost and productivity improvements.
- Develop designed experiments using scientific methods and proper documentation to aid in shop floor problem solving.
- Assist and support shop floor personnel in any type of manufacturing problem.
- Manage projects as assigned by management to assure on time and within budget completions.
- Provides hands-on manufacturing engineering support to the shop personnel, as requested, in order to aid in quality, productivity, and cost reduction improvements.
- Initiate and/or oversee continuous improvement and research and development projects including the areas of sensor and vision technologies, tooling, coolants, manufacturing equipment, etc.
- Manage manufacturing design projects.
- Create work instructions and misc. documentation for special machines and provide necessary training for these machines as required.
- Manage plant layout projects and maintain plant layout CAD drawings.
- Support special requests from all Trans-matic facilities as requested.
- An Associate’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- High degree of mechanical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity of a manufacturing environment, including 2-5 years of hands on experience.
- High degree of problem solving abilities.
- Superior work ethic.
- B.S. degree in manufacturing engineering mechanical engineering, or industrial engineering.
- Understanding of coolants, tooling materials, sensors, tool coatings, heat treat, plating and cleaning processes, metal stampings, de-burring and machining practices.
- Understanding of GD&T, SPC.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software.