The Quality Compliance Engineer is responsible to ensure customer contractual and quality requirements are reviewed, planned, and implemented at the Bidding and Purchase Order-Receipt stages. The Quality Compliance Engineer works closely with Programs, Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Export Compliance to identify compliance concerns based on current-state system and process capabilities/limitations and assists with recommending and implementing solutions to ensure compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes high level competency and knowledge of industry specifications (IPC, J-STD, AS, ISO, Mil-STD, etc.).
- Performs in-depth reviews of all customer POs, drawings/specs, Terms and Conditions, and Quality requirement flow-downs at time of Purchase Order receipt for all ABT sites.
- Creates Quality Plans in ABT System by reviewing all of, but not limited to, the following:
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, and other contractual requirements
- Approved Vendor Lists / Approved Processor Lists
- Customer Quality Clauses/Specs
- Customer Drawings and Specs
- Certification and Quality System Requirements
- Special Processes Requirements
- Commodity Codes for BOM components
- Shipping Clauses and Packaging Requirements
- FAI and FAT requirements
- Collaborates with Programs, Operations, Engineering, Configurations and Quality to understand and system and process capabilities/limitations and assists with recommending and implementing solutions to ensure compliance
- Obtains and maintains access to Customer Portals for flow-down requirement documents
- Works with Export Compliance Officer to ensure Export Compliance, ITAR, FARs & DFARs regulations are properly flowed through organization and to supply chain as required
- Develops Customer Requirement Database to aid in efficient review and Quality Planning of future POs
- Aids business development and pricing teams with evaluating quality requirements and other flow-down requirements communicated by customers during the quoting phase
- Supports internal QMS efficiency and ensures compliance with AS and ISO standards.
- Performs any other Quality Engineering tasks as required
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field, or minimum 5 years of Quality experience in Manufacturing
- Quality Engineer certification preferred
- Experience in lean six sigma manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools (FMEA, Fishbone, 5 Why, 8D, Value Stream Map, Process Flow, A3, etc.)
- Experience using Quality tools and practices
- Excellent Problem Solving, Statistical and Analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills. Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills