Porter Hills Village
Shift: 5a-1:30p and 7a-3:30p
Schedule: Varies, will include every other weekend and holiday rotation
$750 SIGN-ON BONUS
for New Team Members
The Team Members of UMRC & Porter Hills provide a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love your career!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, *Paid Time Off, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Opportunities, Discounted Team Member dining options on-site (Dining Services staff can receive a free meal on each shift!), annual increase, DAILYPAY, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Porter Hills Village is seeking a cook to work with the Chef within the Dining Services department to ensure that high quality, properly seasoned, nutritious food is being provided throughout the operation, in a fiscally responsible and safe manner. Works cooperatively as a valued member of the Dining Services team, assisting with any aspect of the Dining Services Program necessary. This position involves the physical work of preparing food in a commercial kitchen environment. These responsibilities include moving inventory, product, carts, etc. as well as food preparation and production using kitchen utensil and commercial kitchen equipment.
Our focus is to create an elegant community where our residents and their guests are surrounded by the highest standards of quality of service, environment and care. You will have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of our residents, their families and your coworkers in a diverse and rewarding environment. If you are a person who has deep compassion and a desire to serve seniors, then we would like to hear from you.
-Works cooperatively as a valued member of the Dining Services team, assisting with any aspect of the Dining Services Program necessary
-Prepare and produce food in a commercial kitchen environment.
-Works cooperatively as a valued member of the Dining Services team
-Assisting with any aspect of the Dining Services Program necessary
-Moving inventory, product, carts, etc.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
- Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
- Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years prior kitchen prep/cooking experience
- ServSafe Certification
- Effective oral and written communication skills as needed to work as part of a team
- Prior experience preparing and cooking for elders
NOTE: The rate of pay will be determined based on relevant employment experience. Your resume should adequately reflect all paid cook experience.
- UMRC & Porter Hills are a federally funded program through CMA and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Participant rights.
- UMRC & Porter Hills provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.