MAKE YOUR MARK! COME JOIN A FAST-GROWING INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IN MICHIGAN!
AT POINT BROADBAND WE IMPROVE LIVES THROUGH FIBER TECHNOLOGY. IF YOU ARE SELF-MOTIVATED TO ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE AND YOU TAKE PRIDE IN HELPING OTHERS - OUR MISSION TO DELIVER SUPERIOR FIBER-BASED BROADBAND SOLUTIONS TO SMALL TOWN USA AND RURAL AMERICA, WITH A FOCUS ON COMMUNITY, AND BEST IN CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE STARTS WITH YOU!
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Solicits and reviews construction project proposals/plans to determine budget and capital expenditure requirements.
- Completes analysis of proposals to determine funding limitations, schedule requirements, resource allocation (internal and external).
- Determines resource requirements and develops staffing plan for each phase of the project, completes the assignment of internal personnel and third-party vendors as required.
- Acts as Team Lead to direct and coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Provides As-built records to Engineering
- Prepares project reports as needed for management review
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies
- Develop and implement quality control procedures, including, but not limited to QC requirements and scoring mechanisms as well as internal documentation requirements.
- Manage and complete quality control checks at each site, monitor and address/correct QC infractions both internally and with third-party vendors.
- Develop and maintain safety procedures and protocols required at each site utilizing both internal and external policies/procedures and local/governmental mandates.
- Monitors current inventory levels through communication with warehouse staff and ensures inventory is ordered / maintained for each project as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years fiber optic construction experience required
- Thorough knowledge of NESC codes related to the construction of Overhead and Underground communication lines
- Demonstrated understanding of Safety regulations related to working in the communication space and public right-of-ways
- Word processing, spreadsheets, internet software, email, order processing, inventory
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- required to occasionally lift items weighing up to 75 pounds