73% of our managers have been promoted into their current role. Experience and hard work pays off at P&C! We take pride in offering a career path to anyone with the will and desire to advance.
Pridgeon & Clay is ready to grow. We have been successful in gaining new sales and based on our reputation and technical strength, we are taking over the business.
This is a perfect time to discover what we have to offer!
Objective: Supervisors are responsible for monitoring, planning, and implementing production, quality processes, safety objectives, cost savings, waste elimination, and personnel management in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- A Diploma or GED (Associate’s Degree preferred)
- Experience leading teams in an industrial environment
- Experience with the hiring process, performance appraisals, and disciplinary processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and collaboration skills
- The ability to perform projects with a high degree of detail
- Exceptional professional attributes that include self-motivation, dependability, and confidentiality
- The ability to build effective work relationships
- Supervisors are responsible for owning a set of approved calipers and micrometers
- An excellent work record, including attendance
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements:
- Previous experience in the automotive industry
- Experience problem-solving using 8D and 5 Why methods
- Scheduling and workforce planning, especially with workforce fluctuations
- Experience with quality metrics, manufacturing metrics, continuous improvement, and lean manufacturing
- Monitor daily production to ensure shipping requirements are meeting and achieving production rates, leading operator communication, and facilitating productivity improvements.
- Participate in manpower planning and proposing solutions for manpower fluctuations.
- Know, communicate, and be responsible for the achievement of manufacturing key metrics, including run-time attainment, equipment set up, internal parts per million (PPM), and cost of quality (COQ), safety, quality, on-time Production Part Approval Processes (PPAP’s), on-time delivery, premium freight, past due, inventory control, and KanBan attainment.
- Responsible for tracking/controlling Supplies, OT, Scrap, Efficiency, and Inventory accuracy.
- Manage the QRQC and Scrap Market areas. Reject/Rework parts have disposition within 24 hrs.
- Overlap with other shifts daily to ensure the shift to shift transition is managed efficiently.
- Be responsive to calls on the Company phone. If unavailable, call back timely.
- Ensure all documentation (bar code labels, verification sheets, etc.) is timely, as well as accurately completed by the production team.
- Monitor production perishables such as cardboard inserts, rest paper, etc., and develop lean methods for replenishment.
- Be knowledgeable of, and responsible for, the achievement of all quality-related goals, including PPAP, COQ, First Time Quality (FTQ), error-proofing, PPM, and adherence to control plans.
- Maintain responsibility for process conformance results via weekly line side/layered audits.
- Accurately and efficiently develop and implements action plans to achieve metrics goals.
- Use prescribed problem-solving methods to lead the development of successful action plans that achieve permanent corrective actions and eliminate non-conformances. Initiate and participate in 8D or 5 Why teams depending on the customer requirements.
- Ensure the environment is safe/free of avoidable risk by reporting safety concerns immediately, enforcing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) usage, as well as identifying potential safety issues, and taking appropriate action.
- Ensure accident reports are turned in promptly and accurately when incidences occur.
- Drive, as well as participate in, company-wide lean initiatives and continuous improvement events, including continuous improvement activities and standardized work.
- Schedule, review, and approve team member’s schedules daily in the system.
- Drive team suggestions and implementation of ideas to increase efficiency, resulting in cost reductions. Active participation of your Team is required for Bright Ideas. Set expectations.
- Complete and present annual performance appraisals for all direct report employees, outlining positive and negative performance, and documenting a plan of action for sub-par performers.
- Know where team members excel, as well as where they are challenged. Apply this information to attain team goals, as well as enhance the overall well-being of the team members.
- Provide consistent feedback to employees regarding job task performance and accomplishment of goals. Address unacceptable performance by administering discipline actions fairly using the company handbook.
- Participates with the Human Resources Department in the process of hiring and/or terminating employees as needed.
- Have an active role in the development of departmental standards and be responsible for implementation.
- Prepare/return documents, as well as supply co-workers with needed information in a timely manner.
- Lead efforts to enhance team communication, including five-minute, stand-up, shift overlap, and production meetings.
- Participates in strategic planning for the area of responsibility.
- Oversee on-the-job training efforts, working with the Human Resources Department to ensure necessary training and documentation occurs.
- Enter/address employee suggestions via the Employee Suggestion Bright Ideas Program.
- Notify teammates of technical and training opportunities for improvements.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits.
- Organize and maintain the efficiency of the personal work area.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS16949, and safety regulations.
- Maintain company values daily, (Integrity, People, Customers, Ownership), through thoughts and actions.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.