You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Engineer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Engineer, you'll apply engineering theories and concepts to assignments under minimal supervision and in support of business objectives and provide engineering leadership and expertise.You will designfixtures,machinery, and fullyautomated cells, conduct cycle time studies,and present the designs toend users andleadership. You'll also perform analyses to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems, and components. In addition, you'll apply originality, ingenuity, and knowledge of other disciplines in solving complex problems. Emphasis in your work will be placed on your team participation, ability to plan, and ability to achieve results on assigned projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou...
- Actively participate in the development of engineering and quality processes andrecommend process improvements.
- Apply learned engineering skills to your work assignments.
- Apply problem-solving skills and execute solutions to difficult problems independently.
- Apply supply chain cost, value stream capabilities, and economic principles.
- Coach engineering tasks and skills to others.
- Define and complete engineering tasks with minimal oversight of leadership.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to products and processes.
- Independently develop and apply engineering approaches to projects and assignments.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Present work output in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide proposal and planning of projects to the budget owner using theappropriate request process.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited program.
- Four to sevenyears of professional engineering experience with a proven competency in achieving results, specifically in the areas ofmachine design, weld fixture design, and robotics applications.
- 3-D CAD software experience required, Solidworks experience preferred
- Project management experience (may be essential for some assignments). Process Engineer ispreferred for some assignments.
- Knowledge in Lean principles and their application.
- The abilityto assess process concepts and determine where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- The abilityto communicate effectively with people at various levels including Production, Engineering, and management, and the abilityto work well with and develop a partnering relationship with other team members.
- Knowledge in the use of common office automation, communication, software, and tools; Herman Miller mainframe applications; and engineering-related software.
- Problem-solving skills andthe abilityto apply engineering expertise to solving problems.
- The abilityto assess priorities and determine a course of action with minimal day-to-day supervision, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and respond effectively to changes which affect project plans.
- An overall business sense and anunderstanding ofhow decisions impact business results.
- The abilityto perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.