MVAA Bronze Certified Employer - WE encourage Veterans to apply and WE thank you for your Service!
Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is an engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. With a facility in the Grand Rapids area, our primary focus is on a newly developed robotic vehicle program. Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the quality and safety of products meet company, customer, and regulatory standards and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Our AS9100 Quality Management System
- Meeting Customer Statement of Work (SOW) requirements for Quality performance, Key Inspections and Certifications
- Ensuring incoming parts and processes meet requirements in our quality plan
- The Quality of our final product meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Lead efforts in AS9100 compliance
- Create and maintain PFMEAs to appropriately assess the risks associated with our products and processes
- Create and maintain First Article Reports and Control Plans aligned with all drawings and specifications.
- Assure suppliers have documented quality systems that include development, implementation, and maintenance of control plans for all supplied products.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and hold them accountable from a Quality perspective
- Ensure customer Quality Clauses are flowed down to suppliers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to mitigate risks associated with our products and processes
- Define calibration requirements of key measurement equipment
- Manage and facilitate the root cause & corrective actions system through tracking and validation of issues and support in root cause analysis through facilitating brainstorming, use of lean practices
- Staff planning, hiring, training and development
- Facilities and environmental conditions planning, monitoring and control
- Willing to travel to various business locations to ensure a thorough understanding of our products, processes, and facilities.
- Lead cross-functional teams to resolve gaps in parts or processes when specifications do not exist, or new failures are identified.
- Any other task as requested by supervisor
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- Monday – Thursday 10-hour days
- 2 weeks PTO after 90 days
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment – Jeans everyday
- Brand new facility - temperature controlled
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe footwear allowance of $120 annually
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment
- Closed with holiday pay the week of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New Year
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Detail Orientation: Ability to manage high-level of details across entire function area and implement processes and structures for sustainability.
Problem Solving: Ability to complete root cause analysis and implement long-term sustainable solutions.
Humility: Ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
Organization: Ability to simplify processes, organize tasks, data, and files to help improve the overall efficiency of the department.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to communicate information clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Training: Able to clearly document company procedures and policies and train staff and employees on these company procedures and policies
Leadership: Ability to lead a team of 5-10 direct reports, manage cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers and the ability to hold other accountable for performance, goals, and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience leading a quality function in a manufacturing environment, experience in electrical manufacturing preferred
- Experience in the defense and aerospace field preferred
- Experience with ISO or AS9100 contracts, procedures, and internal controls, AS9100 preferred
- Experience leading a team of Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Inspectors