Position Summary: The Production Artist is a highly motivated, detailed-oriented individual that can effectively proof and prepare product files for final production, understand and improve processes, and work within a team to drive quality and efficiency. They have a passion for excellent production standards — efficiently executing the vision of the VP of Creative and Art Director to ensure product across all product lines are marketable, cost-effective, and consistent with brand standards. With the need to work cross-departmentally, inter-departmentally, and with outside suppliers and vendors, the Production Artist must be a skilled listener, an excellent communicator, and an innovative troubleshooter.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and proof production files for a wide range of consumer products including cards, paper tableware, gift packaging,
home decor, giftware, & packaging.
• Responsible for examining a project’s typography, imagery, layout, and formatting to ensure high-quality production results.
• Review production files, ensuring accuracy and completeness so the designated vendor will be able to produce them successfully.
• Responsible for collecting, processing, checking/proofing and uploading files. Also responsible for accuracy and quality; must
communicate with external suppliers at all stages to ensure quality.
• Prepare and adjust press-ready files and images based on the supplied specifications. Assist in meeting the continual need to
resize and adjust images to ensure market-readiness across a wide variety of platforms.
• Package image files correctly and ensure they are ready to be used and easily accessible.
• Follow development timelines to ensure all projects are completed within deadlines.
• Collaborate with VP of Creative, Art Director, Creative Product Designers, and freelancers to enhance product line, work flow
and production process. A key player in process development and developing organization-wide standards.
• Understand supplier/vendor needs and expectations; communicate effectively with the relevant parties.
• Has an ability to see the big picture, while being detailed oriented.
• Deliver color-matching materials to external suppliers to ensure accurate production.
• Coordinate the PPS (pre-production sample) feedback process.
• Assists with creation of physical mockups as needed.
• Assists in organizing and maintaining File Transfer Site/Vendor Transfer Site and Art Server.
• Assists in keeping files of fonts, colors, and art in an orderly and systemized fashion to ensure ease of use, and efficiency.
The Ideal Production Artist:
• Understands the fundamental principles of press production such as file construction, color profiling, pre-flight formatting,
file set-up for various printing processes (digital, lithography, thermography, etc.) and an understanding of basic treatments such as
foil, glitter, flock and emboss.
• Highly adept at proofing files with an excellent eye for detail.
• Motivated self-starter driving to improve overall quality of product and processes.
• Using industry standard software to finalize designs to meet proper product vision.
• Keep current with design technology, techniques, software, and best practices.
• Able to troubleshoot problems with suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers.
• Flexible and agile, a key team player who understands the market/industry demands and how we must respond to them.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
• Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
• Conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values at all times.
• Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
• Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
• Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
• Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
• Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must maintain a score of Y on the GWC rating scale.
• No direct reports currently.
• Support, encourage, coach, and maintain accountability through their influence to ensure success for the team members and
for the organization.