Job Description Summary
The Total Rewards (TR) Analyst will be responsible for the administration of compensation, Human Resources Information Systems, Talent Analytics, and Benefits Operations including implementation, administration and communication of the Company’s health & welfare, 401(k) and pension plans. The TR Analyst will ensure that plans are administered consistent with company objectives and strategy and ensure that all plans are in compliance with federal and state regulations. The person in this role is the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) super user and trainer for the HR team and KV employees. The TR Analyst is a strong leader and ensures excellent customer service to KV employees for benefits, HRIS, compensation and analytics related questions and needed assistance. This position reports to the Total Rewards Manager.
The duties and responsibilities of the Total Rewards Analyst will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to KV employees for all benefits and retirement plan related questions
- Critically review and analyze current benefits processing procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Reconciles monthly invoices from multiple benefits carriers
- Applies Microsoft Excel’s advanced features (pivot tables, lookup functions, macros, text conversion, etc.) to efficiently prepare and analyze data
- Oversee absence management such as paid and unpaid leave, outsourced FMLA, Short-Term & Long-Term disabilities
- Processes changes and updates to benefit elections, retirement contributions, health savings, wellness and personnel information
- Enters and maintains employee information in HRIS databases and external benefit carrier databases
- Coordinates Health & Welfare program and events
- Coordinate annual open enrollment process including development of communications materials, coordination of information sessions (as required), and administration of enrollment changes within HRIS and with benefit vendors
- Assure company compliance with provisions of ERISA and other regulatory requirements. Work with broker and Finance department to prepare various reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies
- Audit time records and attendance processing and interface with supervisors and managers to ensure accuracy of information
- Oversee the benefits presentation at new hire orientation
- Conduct Annual Health Fair and health education programs for KV employees
- Develop an effective communication strategy and training materials to ensure that our benefit programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by KV employees
- Conduct compensation program assessment, analysis, development, communication, training and implementation
- Evaluate and analyze compensation practices and propose adjustments to base and incentive pay structures and administrative processes
- Coordinate the use of annual and sales incentive plans with the business units ensuring Corporate requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and international laws to ensure programs and plans meet statues and requirements
- Work with recruiting team to create, review and update job descriptions
- Act as a subject matter expert in respect to classifying employees for overtime eligibility under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Provide training and guidance to HR team and managers on subject
- Document related processes
- Provide data analytics and compensation analysis
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Researches industry best practices, benchmarks and tools to incorporate analytics practices as well as implement said practices. Identifies and recommends technology requirements necessary to move work forward.
- Analyzes organizational data to identify potential, existing or future business needs and make recommendations on how the data may influence HR strategy.
- Participates in HR related projects, developing spreadsheets, consolidating data, analyzing data, drawing appropriate conclusions, forecasts and recommendations.
- Uses data modeling, trend and gap analysis to present actionable HR information.
- Creates, maintains, and ensures quality assurance of key human resources data sets, reports, and metrics.
- Monitors and improves data collection processes; provides recommendations for enriched reporting
- Prepares timely HR reports summarizing and analyzing findings, and providing recommendations
HRIS Super user
- HRIS super user and trainer for the HR team and KV employees
- Evaluate, analyze, design and maintain company HRIS
- Leverage various HRIS sources of information to develop trends and report on numerous topics such as recruiting, compensation and demographics
- Ensure system integrity and facilitate scheduled upgrades by collaborating and communicating with appropriate vendors and colleagues
- Create and maintain documentation for administration, employee and management training
- Lead efforts to configure HRIS systems to support Performance Management, Bonus/Merit Programs, On-Boarding
- Manage day to day HRIS activities including report development, workflow management and process changes required to support evolving business
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Professional & pleasant demeanor
- Work Experience: 2 years’ experience in HR or Finance.
- Education: BS or BA in related field or equivalent experience
- Computer Skills: Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Organization Skills: Excellent organizational, ability to multi-tasking and shift priorities as needed
- Cross-functional skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally with the accounting department and other departments; provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills; Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization; strong interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving Skills: Good problem solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use fingers and hands.
- Physical Environment: Normal office environment; manufacturing and warehouse environment and exposure to moving equipment
- Work Experience: Previous experience in benefits or compensation role within a human resources department; strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Education: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
- Computer Skills: Prior experience working with ADP Workforce Now; Benefits systems; experience working with HRIS systems
KV is a dedicated equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KV encourages applicants of all ages.