Food Labeling Specialist - Repack (1st Shift)
Why join Natural Choice Foods?
There has never been a more exciting time to work for Natural Choice Foods. Come be part of a company that is growing and expanding into new lines of business. You will be joining a culture focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
Our new facility in Marne, Michigan features a variety of work environments to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration.
We are home to dynamic and hardworking employees dedicated to quality, communication, collaboration, and integrity.
We take care of our team and their families. We offer competitive pay including an incentive program and generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K match, paid time off and holidays, employee discounts, and life insurance.
We nurture professional growth and development and have coaching and mentoring programs that allow our employees to thrive professionally and personally.
We are proud to celebrate successes and give back to the community that supports us!
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Then we would want to hear from you! Apply now!
Natural Choice Foods is a full-service, solutions-oriented buyer of closeout and overstock inventory with over 20 years in the food industry. As a solution to inventory and overstock dilemmas, we turn overstock into opportunity! We have a broad reach of customers in the secondary markets – discount stores, foodservice outlets, and correctional facilities – across a wide geography. Natural Choice Foods is firmly committed to food safety and traceability.
The Food Labeling Specialist is primarily responsible for designing and printing labels used in the food packaging division of the company. In addition, this role will develop product labeling standards in coordination with the Marketing department and the Compliance Coordinator. To be successful in this position, the individual will need to have the technical skill set to design and print labels, the ability to collaborate with the Scheduling coordinator, and be highly organized to ensure all necessary labels and paperwork are queued up for upcoming work orders. Adherence to brand quality standards and federal regulations are vital.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce new label designs for products and create brand quality standards by consulting with the Marketing department.
- Ensure that all labeling meets regulatory guidelines by working with Compliance Coordinator, USDA/FDA inspectors, and by performing regular audits.
- Print labels and maintain printer supplies, including toner and label materials.
- Queue up label supplies for upcoming production orders by working with the Scheduling Coordinator to avoid downtime during production hours.
- Provide U.S. food labeling guidance and collaborate cross functionally with Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Nutrition, Marketing, Product Development, and others to leverage regulations to help the company be competitive in the marketplace.
- Participate in team brainstorming to provide creative options and solutions to assist the brand(s) on the development of new product names and claims.
- Provide answers to labeling compliance-related questions.
- Assist in the improvement of labeling systems and processes to help with consistency and agility.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities.
- Communicates up-to-date knowledge and interpretation of current and pending labeling regulations.
- Participate in the development of training regarding new/changed labeling regulations, trends, etc. that may impact the Organization’s brands or coordinated brands.
- Participate in developing and updating appropriate food labeling policies and procedures as needed.
- Regular Attendance required
- Customer Engagement
- Action Oriented
- Results Focused
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
The work is generally performed in an office and warehouse area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasional sedentary (up to 10 pounds), light to medium (up to 50 pounds) and occasional heavy (up to 100 pounds, with assistance) lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
Required Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Marketing, or another related field
- Functional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient at maintaining file version control
- Awareness of FDA and USDA food label regulations and documentation requirements
- Ability to work with multiple database systems and network efficiently to get information required to complete tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to provide creative solutions
- Knowledge of food product development and processes
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented and self-motivator
- Display ability to function well in an ever-changing environment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Ability to speak, write, read, and follow instructions, correspondence, and memorandums
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other employees of the organization
Preferred Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of food industrial experience in labeling or regulatory affairs
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing Principles and Practices
- Safety Management
Equal Employment Policy
Natural Choice Foods/Daily Deals Food Outlet hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.