You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Product Graphic Designer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Product Graphic Designer, you'll provide graphic design leadership and support for the Product Design and Creative Director community for identified brand. Core accountabilities include on-product identity systems, standards and application, product graphic design exploration and application, visual research, and key presentations for the design leadership community.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Createthematic graphic design proposals on product and applya distinctive and unified language throughout the complete product-including textile patterns and hard surfaces applications.
- Provides graphic design exploration and final production files for on-product functional indications, textures, and patterns.
- Create standards, guidelines, and application and development of physical branding and compliance markings for family brand products in partnership with Creative Directors, Product Design leadership, and Operations.
- Executeprioritized presentations using brand standards for prioritized Creative Direction and Product Design initiatives, meetings, and concept proposals.
- Maintaintemplates and standards by brand andassistin image search and document preparation.
- Buildand maintain anongoing swipe image library for concepts, seasonal direction, competitor information, and cultural trends.
- Creategraphic design solutions and systems for specific business initiatives in partnership with Product Design leadership.
- Engagefully as an extended member of the extended Creative Studio community, working on prioritized product-oriented projects.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in graphic design.
- Seven years of experience implementing graphic design projects and programs.
- Demonstrated graphic design excellence with a particular affinity to design systems creation and application.
- Thorough knowledge of photographic and illustrative processes, branding, typography, color theory, and production methods for both print and digital.
- The ability to physicallyprototypedesign applications.
- The ability to translate graphic design solutions to dimensional objects.
- Proficiency in relevant design software: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up, Rendering Programs, etc.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- A natural passion for the broad creative disciplines in design and culture.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.