DescriptionAbout this Opportunity
Our Operations Teams are responsible for all aspectsof manufacturing high quality products in a timely manner to delight our customers. Operations team members play an important role in Herman Miller's success and prepare us to help people do great things. All of our team members work in clean, bright environments that make use of Lean manufacturing principles. These teams share a passion for quality and hold safety as a number one priority.
As a Manufacturing Associate, you'll assemble products and/or related parts in a manufacturing setting at a standard rate of work based upon customer demand and Lean manufacturing principles to satisfy the customer and to provide high quality products delivered in a timely manner. You'll problem-solve with the assistance of other team members and seek continuous improvement activities. All of your activities will be performed and completed with a high regard for the safety of others and yourself. You may also learn additional functions by cross-training in other departments as needed.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Assembleparts and/or products according to standardized work.
- Committo meeting overtime requirements.
- Completerequired paperwork correctly to ensure record accuracy.
- Knowand practicecorporate, plant, and department safety guidelines.
- Knowand practicequality requirements according to specified quality criteria.
- Maintaina clean, safe working environment according to 5Sand department safety guidelines.
- Maintain flexibility to meet team, department, and plant goals.
- Participatein Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) improvement activities within the current department or other departments as appropriate.
- Performa minimum of 75 percent of the jobs in the department at the required rate (cycle time).
- Performadditional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Rotatethrough the department work stations based on business need.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED), or work experience which demonstrates performance competency.
- Competencyin basic math skillssuch as adding and subtracting.
- The ability to read, understand, communicate, and interpret written and verbal instructions, work documentation, policies, practices, etc.,in the English language.
- The ability to bend, twist, and stand for periods of up to 10 or 12 hours.
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- The ability to work cooperatively within the team as well as with members of other teams to meet goals.
- Demonstrated willingness to adapt to a continually changing environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to team success through reliable attendance.
- The flexibility to work assignments and possible hours as business needs require.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Primary Location:United States-Michigan-Zeeland