Founded in 1972, Skytron, LLC is a family owned private company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions for healthcare. Skytron prides themselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know the overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts so we strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron is committed to provide you competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes, comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program and company gym.
Summary: This position is responsible for autonomous customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites. This individual generates service revenue, keeps records and creates reports of maintenance, repairs and required updates of equipment and services with adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Install equipment using procedures set by manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect and test malfunctioning medical and related equipment (surgical lights, tables and booms), using test and analysis instruments. Disassemble malfunctioning equipment and repair or replace defective mechanical, hydraulic and electrical parts.
- Remotely perform service work by providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
- Maintain factory certification and proficiency on all servicing product lines.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain fiber optic low voltage, and media cables. Measure signal strength to ensure adequate performance.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with service portfolio.
- Perform all administrative duties within Skytron’s quality management system timeframes including service work orders, expense reports, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- This position requires travel up to 75 percent of the time.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
Job Specific Knowledge: Understands and applies knowledge to install, diagnose, and repair medical devices and equipment; working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and AC/DC electrical systems, functions and uses. Troubleshooting, diagnostic repair and maintenance of steam supplied sterilization equipment used in a healthcare environment including rack washers, ultrasonic consoles, and autoclaves. Installation of cable and equipment associated with video switching systems including cable routing and management, testing, termination, and troubleshooting. Follows product and work instructions, policies and procedures. Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently. Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing. Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
Adaptability/Autonomy: Internally motivated; works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline, and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure.
Dependability: Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary
Quality: Verifies work to ensure accurate results; requires minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and project schedules; handles high volume of workload.
Job Knowledge, Education and Experience requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electronics industry preferred
- Mechanical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience related to video and communication media
- Microsoft Operation platforms such as MS outlook, Word and Excel
- Maintain a good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Subject to background check and credentialing
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings without assistance
- Understand and apply hydraulic, mechanical and electrical theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law