Porter Corp is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join an industry-leading steel shelter manufacturer as a Construction Project Manager. Porter Corp, founded in 1964 as W.H. Porter, is committed to engineering and fabricating innovative architectural structures. The Construction Project Manager position will serve as the critical link between architects/contractors/owners and the various internal resources required to engineer and fabricate steel structures under our commercial shelter brands.
The successful candidate will join and play a large role in building a Project Management team from the ground up serving primarily our CEAS+ brand. This role has tremendous potential for growth both in personal professional development as well as playing an integral role in the continued growth of CEAS+ through organizing and managing how PorterCorp better supports large commercial construction projects.
In 2014, we launched CEAS+ to leverage direct collaboration between our engineers and architects around the country through our innovative DEFI process (Design. Engineer. Fabricate. Install.). By handling every part of the process, from first napkin sketch to final product, CEAS+ makes enriching outdoor spaces with unique, custom structures easier than ever.
Please apply now if you are ready to enjoy and grow your career, the people you work with, and the culture that makes Porter Corp an industry leader.
- Work closely with architects/contractors/owners to set clear expectations on our scope and deliverables
- Understand project milestones and coordinate internal resources to stay on schedule
- Serve as main point of contact with architects/contractors/owners (engineering through installation)
- Proactively identify project scope changes and ensure appropriate measures are taken
- Track projects from order to fabrication through final installation (coordinate with internal resources; communicate with external resources)
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of serving in a prominent role on commercial construction projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD required
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and Epicor (or other ERP software) preferred
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawing sets
- Experience navigating schedules and budgets on a commercial construction site
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and resources
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k) with employer match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program as well as additional, optional insurance offerings.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.