Site Coordinator (Environmental Technician III)
CTI and Associates, Inc. - Former Wurtsmith AFB, Oscoda, MI
CTI and Associates, Inc. (CTI) is a provider of geotechnical and environmental consulting, engineering, remediation and construction services to federal, state, municipal and commercial clients across the United States. Our forty years of proven performance is a testament to CTI's ability to understand the complex issues facing our clients - and to hire and retain some of the finest talent in the industry.
Description: This position performs a variety of environmental technical duties in support of the BRAC Environmental Construction Optimization Services project being conducted at the former Wurtsmith AFB. Project involves a variety of services including environmental services including operation and maintenance of soil and groundwater remediation systems, optimization of remedial system operations, groundwater monitoring, air quality, sampling, testing, analysis and monitoring, wastewater, stormwater compliance, drinking water, and storage tank compliance, and solid waste management.
Some responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and oversee field work including operation and maintenance of remediation systems, optimization of remedial processes and operations, a variety of drilling / subsurface investigation techniques, groundwater monitoring, and free phase product assessment, vapor intrusion assessment, remedial pilot tests, land-use control inspections, long-term monitoring activities and providing fieldwork oversight of subcontractors.
- Lead and participate as a member of a remedial investigation team under the direction of project management to collect the required field data on physical and chemical characteristics, including sediment, soil, groundwater and soil vapor sample collection, field logistics for sample vessel, sample processing and shipment under USEPA DESA/CLP requirements, maintain daily log book, and QA/QC review of field documentation.
- Working knowledge of field investigation techniques, laboratory analyses and waste characterization criteria, human health screening criteria, interpretation of geologic and chemical data for surface water, soil, soil gas and groundwater and be able to prepare and complete reports summarizing field procedures and results.
- Oversee and work productively with subcontractors while assuring work scopes and safety requirements are met.
Other duties assigned related to ongoing restoration and remediation activities at Wurtsmith AFB.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
* Draft routine memos, billing, or other reports
* Edit company correspondence and ensure document accuracy
* Work with engineers, scientists and field personnel
* Assist corporate with information and data requests
* Prepare data and attend/support meetings with clients
- High school diploma and 3-5 years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of the State of MI environmental regulations and DOT hazardous materials regulations.
- Organization, written communication, and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office. Must be able to work constructively in diverse teams including engineers, technicians, and non-technical personnel
- Must be able to work outdoors all year
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-Hr refresher desired
* CTI is a Drug-Free Workplace - Must pass pre-hire drug screen.
* Must possess valid driver's license.
* Must be able to physically navigate project sites.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
CTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Veterans Welcome!
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."