Perform duties to support the administration of COVID-19 vaccines at a community-based clinic which may include vaccine prep, administration, or observation while maintaining positive community relations. Work is performed under the guidance/supervision of a licensed health professional trained in vaccine administration.
New guidance allows nursing students or pharmacy students to administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
These are paid positions.
- Perform vaccine clinic responsibilities including pre-arrangement of supplies, assistance with set up and clean up, distributing information to clients, completing documentation, and other duties as needed in a timely manner.
- Administer COVID-19 vaccines. Records and dates injections for each client according to policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety and infection control policies and procedures, maintaining a safe and clean environment. Adhere to universal precautions during each clinic.
- Responds appropriately to adverse reactions, injuries, and other emergencies including appropriate documentation of event. Informs leadership immediately of any untoward events during the clinic.
- May assist in record-keeping of payments and inventories and verifies accuracy of collections.