Are you great with kids? Do you have at least 60 college credits? Ever thought about Substitute Teaching?
Gratiot-Isabella RESD and the local school districts including Alma Schools, Ashley Community Schools, Beal City Schools, Breckenridge Schools, Fulton Schools, Ithaca Schools, Mt. Pleasant Schools, Renaissance Public School Academy, Shepherd Schools, and St. Louis Schools
A substitute teaching position with ESS/willSub may be the opportunity you’re looking for!
When a teacher is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute teacher, you’ll become an integral part of a school’s educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students!
Responsibilities of a Substitute Teacher
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
Qualifications of a Substitute Teacher
- Minimum of 60 college credits needed to obtain substitute certification
- You’ll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you’re not in a long-term role – you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Applicants must have completed at least 60 college/university credit hours. An official copy of college transcripts are required.