* Functions as a supervisor of Security Officers, Lead Officers, and other company personnel assigned to one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that required reports are filed; notifies proper authorities and client in emergency situations.
* Coaches and disciplines personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents coaching and disciplinary actions.
* Trains Security Officers and other company personnel; reviews post orders and other details of assignments with subordinates.
* Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
* In conjunction with company management or designated representatives ensures adequate coverage of all posts and positions.
* Prepares, files, and submits various reports as required.
* Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline tasks and responsibilities.
* Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
* As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations.
* May perform the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post orders and company policy.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Minimum 2 years of experience in retail preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security Officers.
* Knowledge of security operations with an emphasis on patrol, inspection and response services.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
* Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
* Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
* Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
* Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
* Ability to be an effective team member.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
* Courteous telephone manner.
* Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
* Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
* Good organizational skills.
* Strong customer service and results orientation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
* Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
* May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Keyboarding, basic computer usage, and operating controls.
* Seeing, hearing, speaking and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
* Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
* Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Regular use of vehicle for the performance of duties.
* On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
* Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
* May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.