Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
What sets us apart?
A generous 401(k) matching program that is above industry standards
Financial Rewards for Performance
Low-cost Benefit options for your family, health, and future
A Culture of Integrity and Respect
We're looking to onboard a Senior Payroll Coordinator for our US Payroll Team. This is a critical role that provides support for Payroll-related projects. This role will have responsibility for all payroll tax functions, including timely setup of jurisdictions, proper tax remittance, and accurate and timely review and creation of W2/T4 data. Be part of it!
What will you do?
- Responsible for payroll tax compliance and timely response to tax agency notices. Timely setup of tax jurisdictions.
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and year-end wage reviews and reconciliations to ensure accurate tax withholding.
- Maintains annual W-2/T-4 calendar of events and completes tasks by established deadlines to ensure timely and accurate creation and amendments of W-2s/T-4s for GFS employees.
- Prepares tax incentive schedules, ensuring data reported is accurate and timely.
- Maintains all tax locations within the payroll system and completes all BSI tax updates as appropriate.
- Provides support, performs testing and guides programming changes for system upgrades/modifications and other Payroll-related project,s.
- Reviews weekly payroll output and handles payroll processing exceptions.
- Reviews and balances 401k/RRSP deductions and sends reporting to Financial Services.
- Responsible for tracking and processing payroll responsibilities surrounding company trips and other taxable events.
- Responsible for processing Benefit Restoration and Deferred Compensation processing.
- Establishes format and reconciles monthly general ledger accounts, assisting others with balancing issues.
- Processes moving expense reimbursements.
Leading candidates will have the following...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years previous payroll experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience withMulti-State payrolltax functions.
- Strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and complete them under pressure.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ceridian/Workday HRIS software experience helpful, but not required.
In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.