Monday - Friday 4AM until Finish
Pay: $19/hour (Depends on experience)
Come Grow with Us!We're hiring CDL permit holders and licensed delivery drivers to help us as we continue to expand our fleet. For you, it's a great way to get to know our business and prepare to drive our truck delivery routes in the future!
Our Drivers are an essential part of our customer experience, delivering smaller loads, the unexpected order, or taking care of an emergency.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Committed schedules that allow you to be home daily
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained equipment
- Dedicated to your safety
- Everyone is important- especially our delivery driver teams!
We depend upon our Drivers to meet the needs of our customers (restaurants, hospitals & education centers) as valued representatives of the Gordon Food Service image by providing exceptional, accurate deliveries.
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS products
- Build and maintain good customer relationships
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
-One year previous driving experience AND one year experience in customer service or related field
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350 pounds
-Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
- CDL A permit required; must secure CDL A license within 90 days of hire
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment with us effective January 6th, 2020. If you have not registered through the Clearinghouse, to register
-High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)