Founded in 1918, RAM Construction Services has built a solid reputation based on knowledge, experience and reliability. Completing more than 2,500 projects per year, RAM Construction Services has grown into the largest Midwestern contractor specializing in restoration of aging structures and skilled waterproofing.
As a Laborer for RAM Construction Services, you will assist in the revitalization and construction of our surrounding areas. A Laborer employee will perform a variety of tasks that aid our skilled trade workers and lead to the completion and success of a project. To perform this position sufficiently, the employee must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The descriptions below are representative of, but not limited to, the duties and details of this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing the set-up and clean-up of the job site by having materials ready, prepping the area, taking down staging and anything else deemed necessary.
- Directing traffic at or around the job site when necessary.
- Performing duties such as hauling, digging and moving.
- Lifting objects or materials weighing 60+ pounds.
- Assisting other skilled trade workers (caulking, waterproofing, etc.) in their performance.
- Using hand tools and small power tools. Employee must acquire their own hand tools gradually.
- Performing other relevant duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- This position requires a minimum education level of High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Employee is required to have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation- a valid CDL A is a plus.
- Prior experience in construction is preferred but not required.
Some travel is required for this position; the employee must be willing to travel to surrounding job sites. RAM will compensate a per diem for travel and overnight stay if applicable.
As a Laborer for RAM, the employee will be subject to various work environments. Work environments may include but are not limited to the following: seasonal temperatures, high spaces, small spaces, loud and frequent noises, standing/walking for up to 12 hours a day, indoor/outdoor settings, areas close to traffic.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: RAM Construction Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.