Mary FreeBed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that their co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our Commitment to providing an inclusive environment for patients, families, staff, and community.
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Assist appropriate manager with clerical tasks and paperwork requirements. Help with scheduling and communications. Handle correspondence, QI surveys, filing, computer tasks, network and phone mail data maintenance. Help coordinate interdepartmental projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain departmental records and electronic filing systems on a timely basis. (Safety Data Sheets, Electronic Medical Records, etc)
- Maintain schedules and send clinical equipment out for required calibration which are used with patients in clinical setting.
- Manage petty cash for inpatient therapy staff. Responsibilities include tracking usage, requesting funds and directing staff to utilize check requests according to organizational policy.
- Track, prepare and distribute required patient materials (ie: admission packets, memory journal, graduation materials)
- Answer departmental phone lines, takes messages, transfers calls or pages as appropriate. Makes business phone calls as necessary.
- Sort, open, collect and distribute mail. Handle typing, network and data entry as necessary and assigned. Complete departmental copying as requested.
- Schedule meeting rooms for inside and outside groups. Communicate with groups on necessary changes.
- Develop and organize required interdisciplinary team conference schedules for all Inpatient Rehabilitation Physicians and respective teams.
- Synthesize and record proceedings of the interdisciplinary team conference in the EMR.
- Analyze, develop and organize therapy staff schedules for holidays and weekends. Sets up call-off/ on-call schedule and communicates schedule to staff via multiple communication platforms.
- Maintain all therapy staff orientation packets
- Volunteer management: perform department orientation, provide departmental supervision, organize volunteer supplies for the department and contribute to the evaluation of volunteers.
- Coordinate student observation opportunities
- Therapy Students: maintain a current housing list for student use, request appropriate electronic access for students.
- Perform other operational tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years previous health care experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Outstandingorganizational skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Medical Terminology
- Registered Notary Public
- Medical Transcription
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.