Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Distribution Corrosion Control - Lead is part of the Geospatial and Gas Asset Management - System Integrity and Distribution Integrity Management Program. This position coaches and supervises corrosion technician employees statewide and is responsible for the overall cathodic protection of the company's gas distribution assets.
The Distribution Corrosion Control - Lead works in conjunction with the corrosion principle field leader and corrosion field leaders to direct the distribution corrosion control process and maintain compliance with the Michigan Gas Safety Standards.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manages and leads direct reports, including hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, coaching, and developing goals and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals.
- Leads the corrosion technician team in the development of cathodic work plans and monitors adherence to those work plans
- Ensure compliance regarding distribution corrosion control
- Manage internal linkages with various departments, including regulatory compliance, gas operations, operations and financial planning, and distribution performance
- Subject Matter Expert for distribution corrosion inspections and resolution of issues with the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Budgetary planning and monitoring responsibilities for Distribution Corrosion Control Capital Program.
- Evaluation and development of purchase specifications for corrosion control tools, equipment, and products
- Partner with corrosion technical coaches to provide training in corrosion subject matter
- Manages contractors for capital related cathodic repairs including hydrovac anode installations, rectifier ground bed installations, and bridge repairs.
- 0-2 years of applicable experience with a Bachelor's degree (OR) 2-3 years of applicable experience with an Associate's degree (OR) extensive years of applicable Company or industry experience with no degree
- Gas distribution utility related experience
- NACE CP1 Certification
The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
- Electronics knowledge and/or experience
- Corrosion Control Experience
- Field Experience
- Supervisory and Leadership Experience
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels
- Problem Solving Skills
The location of this position is negotiable and will require moderate field site reporting.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade within the Engineering Tech Analyst or Engineering job family based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.