A local steel mill is looking to add to their growing team! The Maintenance Mechanic engages in repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools by performing the following duties.
– Performs electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment. Maintains appropriate documentation of such for compliance to OSHA, ISO, or other applicable standards.
– May be involved in janitorial services as well as landscape and trash removal.
– Assists operators in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
– Dismantles, assembles, and installs industrial machinery.
– Follows company policies in enforcing safety regulations.
– Follows specifications, blueprints, and job orders.
– Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
– Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
– Able to read prints, schematics, or owners manuals on machinery to facilitate repairs or preventative maintenance. Maintains proper documentation showing what was done.
– Thorough knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems on machinery.
– Trained in welding, tooling maintenance, preventative maintenance.
– Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
– Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
– Required to stand throughout shift and use hands/fingers to handle and/or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
– Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
– Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
Compensation and Benefits
– Pay Rate: negotiable based on experience
– Bus line accessibility for all shifts.
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation Pay
– Health Insurance
– Referral Bonus Program
– Employee of the Month
– Employee Appreciation Day
– Weekly pay by direct deposit or Rapid paycard