A local steel mill is currently seeking to fill a Shop Foreman position.
– Ensuring that production work meets or exceeds customers' quality and delivery expectations, and that data is logged into the system (APM) in real time by production personnel. This includes managing employee vacations and equipment downtime in deference to customer needs and preferences.
– Daily interaction with the Project Manager is required to anticipate and communicate potential delivery interruptions due to unplanned equipment maintenance, employee absenteeism, or other unforeseen obstacles.
– Enjoy working in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills
– Problem solver, customer focused, attention to detail, and outstanding planning skills. Must be a leader to all employees
– Extensive knowledge of steel processing which should include but not be limited to grinding, burning, milling, tooling, shipping, receiving, and quality standards
– Must have flexible work hours; weekly overtime and weekends may be needed at times
– Must work closely and communicate well with other managers
– Demonstrate and promote customer-centric attitude at all times to all employees
– Have an unwavering commitment to on-time delivery of products in conformance to customer's quality expectations.
– Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
Compensation and Benefits
– Pay Rate: negotiable based on experience - salaried.
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation Pay
– Health Insurance
– Referral Bonus Program
– Employee of the Month
– Employee Appreciation Day
– Weekly pay by direct deposit or Rapid paycard