Shipping Department Loader
A local steel mill is currently seeking to fill a Shipping Department Loader position.
– Pulls finished goods and loads trucks.
– Verifies loads.
– Unloads inbound materials and properly affixes ship tags or inventory tags.
– Assists activities of workers engaged in loading trailers.
– Safely operates Hi-Lo and crane to move materials.
– Ensures that loads are properly distributed on trailers and are secured.
– Safely pulls material from storage and stages for loading based on designated pick lists.
– Able to search for inventory based on steel type and size, not just tag numbers.
– Communicate with Production and supervisors on status of materials still needed for loads.
– Coordinates with receiving staff on inbound materials that may be unloaded.
– Familiarity with all documents and tag types.
– Ability to read and interpret work instructions, work order and other various documents.
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
– Ability to add and subtract and read a tape measure.
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
– Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
– Required to stand throughout shift and use hands/fingers to handle and/or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
– Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
– Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
Compensation and Benefits
– Pay Rate: negotiable based on experience.
– Holiday Pay
– Vacation Pay
– Health Insurance
– Referral Bonus Program
– Employee of the Month
– Employee Appreciation Day
– Weekly pay by direct deposit or Rapid paycard