The successful candidate will have 5+ years of progressive experience in purchasing at well-regarded companies of similar or larger scale and complexity to Adient. This person will have a record of accomplishment in implementing category strategies and leading complex sourcing to achieve optimal value proposition for the company.
S/he must have a deep understanding of contract structures and management, including terms and conditions and contract assistance. This person must also have experience influencing across complex, matrixed organizations.
On a personal level, the successful candidate will be an individual of unquestionable integrity who enjoys operating in a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves environment. S/he will be a self-starter who is able to work independently in entrepreneurial and fast-paced environments. They will be decisive but collaborative.
This role is responsible for managing the global spend of $25M for Telecom working closely with all IT and non-IT functional and divisional leaders, internal stakeholders and external sources. Accountable for the annual cost reduction and other category related targets assigned directly. Support in achieving the overall category targets and objectives to attain budget performance as well as expected internal/external performance. This position reports to the Director of IT Purchasing.
- Develop and execute strategies and sourcing plans that foster the highest level of commitment to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, service and technology.
- Lead the end-to-end strategic sourcing process including commercial and contract negotiations with suppliers for the assigned categories.
- Drive purchasing initiatives to deliver cost savings for assigned categories and geographies
- Provide leadership to drive clear and standardized specifications, processes, and procedures to deliver requirements for assigned categories
- Effectively manage category supply base by establishing strong supplier relationships, managing complex negotiations, and overseeing a thorough selection process for key suppliers
- Serves as principal liaison representing Adient external towards suppliers on all commercial and business relationship content, including but not limited to quality, cost, deliver, service, contracts, risks and technology objectives.
- Ensure supplier KPIs / SLAs are in place as applicable and needed to audit supplier performance, software compliance and technical capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership for continuous improvement
- Ensure expedient and compliant implementation of new contracts throughout organization
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies as category leader
- Deliver fact-based recommendations for adoption by Adient stakeholders
- Communicate progress and results to senior management and stakeholder community
The successful candidate will also have the follow attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of procurement experience
- High degree of social intelligence to influence at the most senior levels within the organization
- Ability to accomplish goals through persuasion and broad influence, while leaning heavily on a transparent, authentic style...able to build consensus and execute cross-functional initiatives
- Capable of effecting change through others by introducing new ideas/programs and helping them understand their role in implementation
- Strategic business-mind and ability to see the big picture
- Successful at prioritizing work and maintaining those priorities
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment
PRIMARY LOCATIONCentral Tech Unit Plymouth MI
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.